I love a good inverted bob, but sometimes they have so much hair on them that it can make the front seem heavy and flippy-floppy right in your face. No one likes fighting hair that seems to make a bee-line for your eyes all day.
EVANGELINE HAS ENTERED THE CHAT.
Evangeline by CysterWigs x BelleTress is a 2020 upgrade to this beautiful silhouette, but with all of the frustration points removed with laser precision! Keep reading to find out how we turned this into a wig you will want to wear every single day. All colors on Evangeline are made with famously, fabulously silky BelleTress Heat-Friendly synthetic fiber. The 100% hand-tied lace front and monofilament left side part will give your hair a much more realistic top-down appearance, and the heat-friendly fiber gives you ultimate control over the curl and volume of the style.
- Part of the CysterWigs x BelleTress Collection
- Limited edition style collaboration from BelleTress and CysterWigs.com
- Personally designed by Heather at CysterWigs.com
- I (Heather) selected a collection of the most popular BelleTress colors as well as some of my rare favorite colors to bring them to you in another cute style!
- We are also offering Evangeline in some of our custom colors (all are premium silky heat-friendly fiber)
- 100% hand-tied lace front
- 100% hand-tied left side monofilament part
- Fringe is cut to be easy-to-wear without additional trimming
- Open-wefted in back with lots of stretch
- Made of heat-friendly Futura synthetic fiber to give you the most control over the curl, texture, and volume of the hair
- Light, realistic hair density
- Length is great for heat-friendly fiber (not too long)
- Average cap size (can easily accommodate petite-average to average-large cap sizes for maximum fit versatility)
- Front: 11.5", Sides: 14", Back is stacked and heavily layered, Nape: 4"
- Overall: 15"
- Weight: 4.6 oz
- ONLY at CysterWigs.com!
Hi there! Heather here. I designed Evangeline as a wig enthusiast with other wig enthusiasts and collectors in mind. I consider this our store's version of a classic angled bob, with all the upgrades I wanted and none of the features I didn't like. I am a full-time, real-life wig wearer who does not want to settle for minimalist cap features in my daily wig wear. I made Evangeline a version of this style that *I* would want to wear in real life. Hopefully you'll like her too!
Evangeline is the answer to all of my critiques of its predecessors.
1) Evangeline is heat-friendly. The power is literally in your hands to make this shattered beauty look however you want. In this case, I recommend buying two so you can wear her straight and have a precision-cut, stacked, angled bob -- and keep one curled for when you want to feel extra pretty without the effort.
2) The thinned-out sides on Evangeline is made to be wearable without hair flopping in your face all day.
3) Hair comes styled steamed off the face: Did I mention how much I hate it when wig hair gets in my eyes? LOL
4) Lace front: Want to style her off the face? Go right ahead! She's meant to be worn that way. :)
5) 100% hand-tied monofilament part: No kinky permatease on the part of our Evangeline. She looks natural and modern right out of the box. (She does have some light permatease, but it is concealed by the hair when parted correctly.)
6) Attention to detail to create a comfortable, versatile cap: We modified the adjustability of the cap on Evangeline to comfortably accommodate most wig wearers, regardless of head shape or size. The sizing of this has been tested to fit petite-average to average-large. The perimeter has generous amounts of elastic with an average ear-to-ear, meaning that the ear tabs will not come down too low (or too high) on most wearers.
7) Heat-friendly fiber is color-fast, maintains its curls, and is less shiny than regular synthetic fiber. This will give Evangeline a modern, playful, feminine appearance with very natural movement. This fiber will also look like you applied products for a "piece-y", defined look to the curls without any styling products needed.
Trimmed the lacefront with my pinking shears and it's virtually invisible. Front fringe still a bit of a "flop" into my face so used alcohol free spray to keep it in place. This style is actually more interesting from the sides and back with the stacked nape and longer A-line barrel curls. As the day wore on the fibers loosened and the style opened up with more volume highlighting the nifty cut. SCS is a color for all season with winter white and summer skies. The rooting is a treat for those of us who do not care for the darker progressions. A wig grip keeps this secure and comfy on my TinyTribeHead. I can see myself wearing this for anytime/occasion just to please myself. SCS is HappyHair!
I was excited about Evangeline as soon as Heather debuted her in her bday bash stream. Evangeline was worth the wait! She is so fun and bouncy! I love the color (Raspberry Coco Frappe) I say that it's the type of purple you can wear everyday. In certain lights, there is a brown undertone so I would wear this to the office on the regular (if it weren't covid and WFH).
The cap is also very comfy. It just seems to form to my head. I do plan on buying Evangeline in other colors!
I only rated realism as 4 because it's purple hair...I'm not expecting it to look super real but it can be worn in most settings. The texture of the hair is very nice too.
This is my second Evangeline ( gifted to me by Heather for my honest review). My Strawberry Cream Soda Evangeline is so pretty I was thrilled to receive this Mocha With Cream one. This is the first time I have tried this color Mocha With Cream. BelleTress is now incorporating the highlight color into the lace front..bravo to BT for that. I might add that their mono features..in this case lace front and mono part are beautifully done. ( I find in general their newer styles have beautiful lace fronts compared to their older styles. ) The root color is a dark brown but short before it blends into the main color. This is a warm brown but in no way reddish. Just a beautiful overall medium brown with warmer highlights. Very natural looking. The part is pre steamed in place for you. I wanted a bit more lift along the part so I reparted her and just used my hot air brush to train the part. I love this style..gorgeous curls in front ( long enough to hide my “at” risk chin..lol ) and the back is cropped and stacked a bit which will prevent these silky soft heat friendly fibers from frizzing ( friction causes that). So even though she can look quite fancy ( with her curls- very feminine) she can be an everyday wig because her back is shorter which gives her some pizzazz. Shes comfy and pretty and very flattering on..I highly recommend her.
Evangeline is my new favorite hair. If I could, I would own her in every color.
This hair is easy to love for practical reasons (she is incredibly non-face flopping, the part is very realistic right out of the box, totally plop it on your head & go) and also fun reasons—there are some amazingly fabulous color options. I chose raspberry cocoa frappe. I’m not usually adventurous with my color choices & I do have a wig budget that I have to live within,. Those things considered, this color is gorgeous! It is both kinda believable while also being adventurous. As usual, BelleTress fibers are soft & realistic, and the curl pattern is lovely. You can’t go wrong w Evangeline. I think she sets new standardsfor part-naturalness & non-face-flopping that all wigs should aspire to.