CYSTERWIGS AFFILIATE PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read our affiliate terms and conditions carefully before you join our program or begin marketing our program. These terms and conditions are written in plain language intentionally avoiding legalese to ensure that they may be clearly understood and followed by affiliates. Each Affiliate is responsible for assuring that their employees, agents and contractors comply with these terms and conditions.
CysterWigs.com / WigCloseouts.com / Woodtek accepts NO liability in the even an affiliate "goes rogue". If an Affiliate violates US trade law, CAN-SPAM laws, or communications law as a result of ignoring or violating our program terms or conditions, that Affiliate assumes all legal liability of the consequences of that activity.
Be sure to read all these terms before joining.
As used in these terms and conditions: (i) “We”, “us”, or “our” refers to CysterWigs and our website; (ii) “you” or “your” refers to the Affiliate; (iii) “our website” refers to the CysterWigs properties located at www.cysterwigs.com; (iv) “your website” refers to any websites that you will link to our website; (v) “Program” refers to the CysterWigs Affiliate Program.
After receiving your application, we will review your website and notify you of your acceptance or rejection into our Program. Please allow up 48 hours for your application to be reviewed. We reserve the right to reject any application, however we encourage you to contact us if you feel we have made an incorrect decision. Including all of the websites that you use in your profile will help us make a better decision.
Your participating website(s) may not:
- Infringe on our or any anyone else’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights.
- Violate any law, rule or regulation.
- Contain any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, or contains nudity, pornography or sexually explicit materials.
- Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
Upon acceptance into the Program, links will be made available to you through the affiliate interface. Your acceptance in our program means you agree to and abide by the following.
- You will only use linking code obtained from the affiliate interface without manipulation.
- All domains that use your affiliate link must be listed in your affiliate profile.
- Your website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our website. You will also not use any means to create the impression that your website is our website or any part of our Website including, without limitation, framing of our website in any manner.
- You may not engage in cookie stuffing or include pop-ups, false or misleading links on your website. In addition, wherever possible, you will not attempt to mask the referring URL information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating).
- Using redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain is prohibited.
If you are found redirecting links to hide or manipulate their original source, your current and past commissions will be voided or your commission level will be set to 0%. This does not include using “out” redirects from the same domain where the affiliate link is placed.
If you are enrolled in our Program and participate in paid search engine advertising or PPC, you must adhere to our PPC guidelines as follows:
- You may not bid on any of our trademark-related terms (which are identified below), including any variations or misspellings thereof for search or content based campaigns on Google, Bing, Yahoo or any other keyword-based advertising network.
- You may not use our trademark-related terms in sequence with any other keyword (i.g. "CysterWigs Coupons" or "CysterWigs Wigs and Toppers").
- You may not use our trademark-related terms in your ad title, ad copy, display name or as the display URL.
- You may not direct link to our website from any Pay Per Click ad or use redirects that yield the same result. Affiliates must be directed to an actual page on your website.
- You may not bid in any manner appearing higher than CysterWigs for any search term in position 1-5 in any auction style pay-per-click advertising program.
If you automate your PPC campaigns, it is your responsibility to exclude our trademarked terms from your program and we strongly suggest you add our trademark-related terms as negative keywords. We have a strict no tolerance policy on PPC trademark-related violations. You will forfeit all commissions for a minimum of the past 30 days and your commission will be set to 0% without warning if you engage in PPC advertising that uses our trademark-related terms in any way.
Prohibited trademarked-related terms: include, but are not limited to: CysterWigs, CysterWigs.com, Cyster Wigs, Sister Wigs, "Hi There, Wig Lovers", "Hello There, Wig Lovers", and any/all closely related variations or misspellings.
Promotion on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and other social media platforms is permitted following these general guidelines:
- You ARE allowed to promote approved affiliate offers to your own lists; more specifically, you’re welcome to use your affiliate links on your own YouTube videos and playlists, Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages. For example: You may post, “30% off sale at CysterWigs with code INHOUSE.”
- You ARE PROHIBITED from posting your affiliate links on the CysterWigs store YouTube videos, playlists, and comments, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc., or any other CysterWigs company pages in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.
- You ARE PROHIBITED from running Facebook ads with CysterWigs’ trademarked company name.
SOCIAL ADVERTISING GUIDELINES
If you are enrolled in our Program and participate in social advertising, you must adhere to our social advertising guidelines as follows:
You may not target fans or followers of any of our social profiles (which are identified below) including any variation or misspellings thereof for social campaigns including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest or on any social network.
You may not target trademark-related terms as interests (which are identified below), including any variation or misspellings thereof for social campaigns including, but not limited to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest or on any social network.
- You may not use our trademark-related terms or logo in your ad creative, title, ad copy, display name, or as the display URL.
You may not direct link to our website from any social ads or use redirects that yield the same result. Affiliates must be directed to an actual page on your website.
You will forfeit all commissions for a minimum of the past 30 days and your commission will be set to 0% without warning if you engage in social advertising that violates the guidelines set forth above.
CysterWigs Social Profiles:
YouTube: RetrogradeHeather, CysterWigs
Facebook: CysterWigs, Heather Hershey, Heather.Hershey
Prohibited trademark-related terms and targeted interests include, but are not limited to: CysterWigs, CysterWigs.com, WigCloseouts, Wig Closeouts, WigCloseouts.com, Wig Closeout, Cyster Wigs, Sister Wigs, "Hi There, Wig Lovers", "Hello There, Wig Lovers" and any/all closely related variations or misspellings.
If you are enrolled in our Program and your Website promotes coupon codes, you must adhere to our Coupon Guidelines as follows:
You may ONLY advertise coupon codes that are provided to you through the affiliate program or network or that are displayed on our website(s).
You MAY NOT promote coupons that are directly released and promoted by CysterWigs or WigCloseouts.com via newsletter, company related social media, or on their websites.
You MAY NOT advertise coupon codes obtained from our non-affiliate advertising, customer e-mails, paid search, social media, or any other campaign.
- Posting any information about how to work around the requirements of a coupon/promotion (i.e. first time customers only) will result in removal from the program.
- Coupons must be displayed in their entirety with the full offer, valid expiration date and code.
You may NOT use any technology that covers up the coupon code and generates the affiliate click by revealing the code(s).
You may NOT advertise coupon codes obtained from our non-affiliate advertising, customer e-mails, paid search, social media, or any other campaign.
You may NOT give the appearance that any non-Affiliate Program oriented ongoing offer requires clicking from your website in order to redeem. For example, if shipping is always free for orders over $100, you may not turn this into an offer that infers that the customer must click from your site to get this deal.
Additionally, if your website ranks on the first page of Google for terms related to our website or company name(s) combined with the words coupon, coupons, coupon code, promo code, etc. and/or your conversion rate exceeds 25%, you may be offered a lower commission than our standard rate to offset the reduced profitability of orders. The current rate is 2%.
COUPON ATTRIBUTION & AUTHENTICATION
All transactions that utilize a non-authorized coupon code during purchase will not be paid a commission for that transaction. Valid codes are defined as codes that are made available to the affiliate channel in general, through newsletters or the Deals Database in Shareasale, to that affiliate directly/privately or short term site-wide offers. Coupon codes that are not valid, phony, or expired will not be given commission on these orders. All valid transactions without a coupon code used are considered commissionable
Promoting CysterWigs through a sub-affiliate network is permitted, however you must be completely transparent with regards to where traffic from your sub-affiliates originated. Sub-affiliate networks must ensure that all sub-affiliates promoting the CysterWigs program adhere to our program terms and conditions. This includes restrictions on advertising through toolbars, browser extensions, and through any paid placements such as a pay-per-click campaigns. Sub-affiliate networks must also receive approval prior to allowing any type of coupon sub-affiliate to promote the CysterWigs program.
Failure to comply with our sub-affiliate network terms may result in a loss and/or reduction of commission from sales made through any sub-affiliate that does not comply with our program terms.
CYSTERWIGS REFERRAL PROGRAM
Affiliates may not participate in the CysterWigs “Wig Lovers Unite” referral program or any other referral or VIP program CysterWigs may run by converting referral links into affiliate links. CysterWigs will not pay an affiliate commission and a referral bonus on the same sale.
MID-CHECKOUT COMMISSION REDUCTION & OVERWRITE RULE
CysterWigs uses a dynamic pixel system that may make changes to the standard commission in the case of a mid-checkout referral, which is defined as a cookie that is set within the last ten minutes before purchase. By reducing our commission on these types of referrals and by closely monitoring the quality of traffic we receive from each affiliate, we will be able to pay out higher commissions for driving new customers and traffic. This logic also gives full credit to the first referring affiliate in the case that a second affiliate enters within this last ten minutes.
- Two affiliates outside of ten minutes before sale, normal "last in" logic applies.
- One affiliate outside of ten minutes before sale, one within. "Last in" affiliate will receive a reduced commission of 2% and first affiliate will receive full commission.
- Single affiliate within last ten minutes, 2% commission will apply.
- Two affiliates within last ten minutes, last in will receive a reduced commission of 2%.
TRANSACTION LOCK DATES
All sales will remain in a “sales pending period” and will not lock until 60 days following the date of transaction. All payments will be sent via Shareasale on the 20th of the month following the lock date. E.g.: Transaction occurs on 4/1, locks on 5/31, paid via Shareasale on 6/20.
Use of any of our trademark-related terms as part of the domain or sub-domain for your website is strictly prohibited (e.g. cysterwigs.website.com or www.cysterwigs-coupons.com).
Prohibited trademark-related terms and targeted interests include, but are not limited to: CysterWigs, CysterWigs.com, WigCloseouts, Wig Closeouts, WigCloseouts.com, Wig Closeout, Cyster Wigs, Sister Wigs, "Hi There, Wig Lovers", "Hello There, Wig Lovers", Wig Lovers, Wig Lovers Unite, and any/all closely related variations or misspellings.
ADVERTISING & PUBLICITY
You shall not create, publish, distribute, or print any written material that makes reference to our Program without first submitting that material to us and receiving our prior written consent. If you intend to promote our Program via e-mail campaigns, you must adhere to the following:
- Abide by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Public Law No. 108-187) with respect to our Program.
- E-mail must be sent on your behalf and must not imply that the e-mail is being sent on behalf of CysterWigs
- E-mails must first be submitted to us for approval prior to being sent or we must be sent a copy of the e-mail.
OPERATIONS OUTSIDE UNITED STATES
If you are conducting business in or taking orders from persons in other countries, you will follow the laws of those countries. For example, you will comply with the European Union’s Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive if you are conducting business in or taking orders from persons in one or more of the European Union countries.
REVERSAL & COMMUNICATION POLICY
CysterWigs takes pride in its very low reversal rate, which we attribute to open communication with our affiliates. However, we reserve the right to reverse orders due to order cancellations, duplicate tracking, returns, disputed charges, and program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions.
Additionally, if we ask you for clarification or more information on any orders or clicks that we suspect may be in violation of our terms and conditions, we expect that you will respond in a timely and honest manner. Below are violations of our communications policy.
- You are not forthcoming, intentionally vague or are found to be lying.
- You are not responsive within a reasonable time period and after multiple attempts to contact with information listed in your network profile.
- You cannot substantiate or validate the source of your traffic to our program with clear and demonstrable proof.
- You are a member of our affiliate program with both Commission Junction and ShareASale and receive a commission for the same transaction in both networks.
If any of the above conditions apply, then we reserve the absolute right to reverse orders, set your commission to 0% or suspend you from the program for the period or orders in question. We know that many violations are a result of automated processes; however it is incumbent upon each affiliate to ensure that it has the appropriate checks and balances in place to pro-actively address these issues and adhere to our program rules.
FTC DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS
You shall include a disclosure statement within any and all pages, blog/posts, or social media posts where affiliate links for our affiliate program are posted as an endorsement or review, and where it is not clear that the link is a paid advertisement. This disclosure statement should be clear and concise, stating that we are compensating you for your review or endorsement. If you received the product for free from us or from the affiliate management team for review, this also must be clearly stated in your disclosure.
- Disclosures must be made as close as possible to the claims.
- Disclosures should be placed above the fold; scrolling should not be necessary to find the disclosure. (e.g. Disclosure should be visible before the jump).
- Pop-up disclosures are prohibited.
For more information about FTC disclosure requirements, please review the FTC's "Dot Com Disclosures" Guidelines at http://www.ftc.gov/os/2013/03/130312dotcomdisclosures.pdf ; and the FTC's Endorsement Guidelines at
PROHIBITION AGAINST SOLICITATION FOR RESIDENT AFFILIATES IN CERTAIN STATES
As a condition of its participation in the CysterWigs Affiliate Program, any corporate Affiliate with a place of business in one of the following states and/or any individual Affiliate who is a resident of one of the following States agrees that its activities on behalf of CysterWigs shall be limited to providing a link on the Affiliate’s website to the CysterWigs website: Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Tennessee and Vermont (hereinafter “Non-Solicit States”). Affiliate acknowledges that under current laws in these Non-Solicit States, solicitation and promotional activities by Affiliate may render CysterWigs liable for collecting sales tax on all sales to customers in these states. Therefore, as a condition of participation in the CysterWigs Affiliate Program, Affiliate is prohibited from engaging in any solicitation activities in the Non-Solicit States intended to refer potential customers to CysterWigs, including, but not limited to: (i) distributing flyers, coupons, newsletters and other printed materials, or electronic equivalents of such materials; (ii) engaging in verbal solicitation, including in-person referrals or initiating telephone calls; and (iii) sending emails, text messages or maintaining social network sites intended, directly or indirectly, to solicit or refer customers to CysterWigs. CysterWigs requires Affiliates in all Non-Solicit States to provide CysterWigs with a written statement of compliance with this provision on an annual basis (by May 31 of each year).If you fail to provide this written statement of compliance, or if CysterWigs learns you have not complied with your obligations, CysterWigs will remove you from the Program. CysterWigs reserves the right to require any Affiliate to provide a written statement of non-solicitation should events require, including but not limited to, if the state of the Affiliate’s residence adopts a law placing limits on solicitation, or if the Affiliate relocates to a Non-Solicit State. Affiliate agrees to cooperate with completing any forms which may be required for tax purposes, including statements or certifications regarding its activities. Affiliate further acknowledges that tax laws are subject to change at any time and such changes may render Affiliates in certain states ineligible for continued participation in the CysterWigs Affiliate Program. CysterWigs reserves the right to remove any Affiliate from the CysterWigs Affiliate Program at any time for any reason or to revise this understanding prohibiting affiliate solicitation on its behalf.
[This paragraph only applies to affiliates that constitute organizations, clubs and nonprofit groups.] Any Affiliate that constitutes an organization, club, or nonprofit group shall maintain prominently on its website information alerting its members to the prohibition against solicitation activities in the Non-Solicit States as described above.
© 2017 CysterWigs.com & Acceleration Partners LLC.