I have thinning hair in the front middle hairline, I have a fringe (bangs) which conceals the thinning a bit, along with root powder but I'm still self-conscious of that shiny spot, so toppers have been a godsend!!
Unlike wigs toppers are trickier b/c you need to have a close match to your hair color so it doesn't look like you plobbed a piece of hair on your head. Also the hair texture needs to be close to your own hair so you can blend seamlessly.
I preface all this to say if you aren't able to invest in human hair toppers due to the price point then BelleTress has a topper for you! The Top Wave is the closest I've experienced to human hair toppers. And here's why:
- Lace front & mono top - it makes for a very realistic look. Just enough hair to give you fullness but not so much it overpowers your bio hair.
- The hair itself feels like real hair - silky with a natural shine. Heat defiant strands will be less shiny than synthetics.
- It's heat defiant which allows you to blend your bio hair using styling tools (always read directions as the heat level is lower than what you can use on human hair).
- The shade selection for darker hair colors is pretty good (I purchased Cola with Cherry). I love this is a rooted topper. Although the root is darker than my hair color the auburn highlights is a dead ringer for my own hair.
- The soft curls are realistic for easy styling - which means you don't need to be an expert to blend your own hair. I used heat rollers in my…